When you setup your barcode printer wirelessly you can allow multiple computers to print to it.
Important Note: You have to disconnect from your WiFi and connect to the printer's WiFi to complete this setup. This will cause a momentary loss of internet. You may want to print out these instructions. Alternatively, you can complete the setup from your smartphone while viewing instructions on your web browser.
- Connect the printer to electricity.
- Load labels with the bitter (loose) end down. The label face should be facing the ground.
- Feed the label under the green colored plastic.
- Turn on the printer. It should automatically feed in a label.
- Connect to the WiFi network of the printer which should be labeled as DYMOLWWxxxxxx where the "xxxxxx"is a random series of letters and numbers.
- If you are connecting multiple printers and need to know which one to connect to, this WiFi network name is printed on the bottom side of the printer like this SSID: DYMOLWW1265DC.
- In your internet browser navigate to --> http://192.168.58.1/
- The initial username is admin and the initial password is admin.
- After logging in, name the printer with its location like ServiceFrontDesk.
- Spaces and certain special characters aren't allowed.
- Proceed with DHCP unless you are the manager of your network or IT staff who knows how to assign static IP addresses.
- For IT Professionals: It may be useful to assign a DHCP IP address reservation for the printer but this is not a required step.
- Select your WiFi network.
- IMPORTANT: It is critical that you connect the printer to the same WiFi network as your computers. In other words, do not connect to a Guest WiFi or some public WiFi. The printer and your workstation(s) must live on the same network without any subnet or firewall separations.
- After entering your WiFi password or other credentials you should be connected.
- When you see Printer is successfully connected.... you should re-connect to your normal WiFi or ethernet network.